Herewith the requirements for importation of a vehicle under “R/R”
- You have to prove that you have been out of the country for a period of over two years ( i.e. the stamp of first time departure in yr passport)
- Proof of payment in the form of a bank statement showing funds transfer to the supplier.
- Contract of Employment
- Resignation letter from your last employer(acknowledging your resignation).
- Tax clearance certificate (P45 details of employees leaving work) (P60) UK
- Any bill payments, be it Electricity, Water, or telephone
- If you have been to university - your proof of qualification
- Registration book if vehicle was registered under your name
- Proof of Zimbabwean residence (where you will be staying)
You are supposed to have fully paid for your vehicle/goods, fully owned and in physical existence, before you come back to Zimbabwe and claiming yr (“RR Accepted”) status in your passport.
After the stamp RR Accepted you are given three months to bring you goods you owned before coming back.
If you also attended college/ university you can then bring your certificates as proof.
- Whenever a person returns to Zimbabwe, He/ she must inform the immigration officer that he is on a visit or holiday and the passport endorsed with the number of days.
Please note that for foreign passport holders with residence permit they must do likewise they should not fear to lose their residents as they will be reissued upon completion of studies or after the expiry of the work permits.
- The imports documents must be presented to Zimra within three (3) months from the date the “RR Accepted” stamped on the passport.
- In the event that shipments are delayed either to be shipped or for some other reason, the client should notify the agent who will assist to apply to the commissioner for approval and the goods.